Recovery is a long, intense process for the patient, but many people forget the difficult time this is for those involved in the patient’s life as well.
With the resources listed below, we hope to ease the hearts and minds of the loved ones of those with an eating disorder.
- Surviving an Eating Disorder: Strategies for Family & Friends, 3rd Edition by Michelle Siegel, Judith Brisman and Margot Weinshel
- Why She Feels Fat: Understanding Your Loved One’s Eating Disorder and How You Can Help, by Johanna Maria McShane, PhD and Tony Paulson, PhD
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder, by James Lock ,MD, PhD and Daniel Le Grange PhD
- NEDA’s Parent TOOLKIT
- Maudsley Parents
- Decoding Anorexia: How Breakthroughs in Science Offer Hope for Eating Disorders
by Carrie Arnold
- www.EllynSatter.com, Feeding support, eating disorder prevention resources on raising competent eaters