FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
January 12, 2015
LARYN HURLEY, Founder
(Johnson City, TN) A Place of Healing has just announced its 2nd Annual Fundraising Event scheduled for Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. This year the event will be held at Summit Leadership Foundation in Johnson City.
Tickets are $20 in advance/$25 at the door. Enjoy An Inspiring Evening of Storytelling by The ETSU Storytellers. Plus unique Silent Auction items donated from local corporations, restaurants, and business leaders.
Last year the first fundraiser raised over $800 for A Place Of Healing! Here are some highlights how that money was used:
- Official signage is out front of our Resource Center, and our hours have increased.
- A Weekly Peer-led Support Group is growing every week. It meets each Thursday from 7pm-8pm at the Resource Center.
- More books, pamphlets, and monthly magazines are arriving on a regular basis.
- We created a helpful downloadable “Recovery Checklist”.
- We offer convenient daily support through our website and our “Healthy Blog” and social media connections are growing.
- We currently email a Monthly Newsletter with our calendar of events, featured blog, and donor highlights.
- A Clinical Membership Program is offered to professionals. This allows professionals in our area, that help in the treatment of eating disorders, be part of a community of clinicians highlighted through our online directory.
Since opening in January 2014 A Place Of Healing has had an overwhelming response from people in our area looking for help.
Without the help from the community – we could never of achieved so much. We rely solely on donor contributions. We receive no help from the government. Please help us meet our goal of raising over $2,000 this year!