You Bring Hope!
The first of its kind in upper East Tennessee, A Place of Healing (APOH) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide free education and professional referrals to those suffering with eating disorders and disordered eating. The need for our services in this area is evident through serving numerous individuals and assisting professionals weekly since opening our doors in January 2014.
As part of the Clinical Membership Program, together, we can provide our community with the a comprehensive referral service in East Tennessee that gives hope and connection to those affected by eating disorders, their friends and families.
Benefits for ALL Membership Levels:
- You receive a monthly newsletter. (example newsletter)
- Receive a link from our website to yours – originating from your directory listing landing page.
- Your directory listing will be provided by email, postal mail, or phone to people who request treatment referrals in our area.
- A Place of Healing Member t-shirt
- A Place of Healing Member’s logo especially designed for this membership group, to be placed on your website, to show your support for our cause.
- We use the Clinical Membership Program first to empower those suffering to find help directly to you from our website. Our website is often the first encounter people have when looking for help in the area. We would like to make clear that you do not have to pay to be a referral through our resource center, however, the annual fees for the perks of joining the Membership Program go towards buying the necessities to continue our mission of providing current literature, supplies for the peer-led support group, educational presentations and awareness events, and more services for our professionals.
- Upon completion of payment – you will be asked to fill out this Membership Form.
- On the A Place of Healing Treatment Directory, includes a full-page listing with details about your practice on our website. (example landing page)
- In A Place of Healing Resource Center
- Recognition in your area of expertise and geographic area as an official A Place of Healing partner.
To best serve those in need, A Place Of Healing reserves the right to disqualify professionals from the program who have not kept proper licensing or ethical practices, without notice at any time without refunds.
Every dollar counts in helping someone in need. If you believe in our mission and our services please join our group or simply send in a donation.
Professional Membership Categories
1. Medical & Behavioral Healthcare Providers
- nurse practitioner
- physician assistant
- dental healthcare provider
- occupational therapist & assistant
- physical therapist & assistant
- health educator
- mental health professional including substance abuse counselor
- social worker
- marriage and family therapist
2. Complementary & Alternative Healthcare Providers
This includes providers practicing:
- bodywork, etc.
3. Graduate Student or New Professional
- Graduate students in mental health and new professionals seeking licensure through their respective boards.
Disclaimer listed on directory:
- By accepting referral information from A Place of Healing, I understand and agree that A Place of Healing is in no way responsible for the acts, omissions, results or services of any of the providers, or for any other actions I or anyone else takes based upon the information provided by A Place of Healing.