All of the resources below are recommended reading as well and available through Amazon. Support A Place of Healing by beginning your Amazon purchase here. Prices are the same for you, just click the book cover or title below. Thank you!!
by Emily Sandoz, Ph.D.
by Maryjeanne Hunt
by Cynthia M. Bulik, Ph.D.
by Jenni Schaefer
by Ron Saxen
by Dr. Christopher G. Fairburn
by Karen R. Koenig
by Susan Albers PsyD
by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.
by Pauline Powers, MD & Ron Thompson, PhD
by Karen R. Koenig LCSW, M.Ed.
by Marcia Herrin Ed.D, M.P.H., R.D. & Nancy Matsumoto
by Christopher Fairburn
by James Lock
by Brian Cuban
- Self-Esteem: 4th ed. Authors: Matthew McKay, PhD, and Patrick Fanning
- Eating Mindfully. 2nd ed. Author: Susan Albers, PSYD.
- The Mindfulness Workbook for Addiction: A Guide to Coping with the Grief, Stress, and Anger that Trigger Addictive Behaviors. Authors: Rebecca Williams, PhD and Julie Kraft, MAAlmost Anorexic by Jennifer J. Thomas, PhD & Jenni Schaefer
- Beginner’s Guide to E.D. Recovery, The by Nancy J. Kolodny, MA, MSW, LCSW
- Body Wars: Making Peace with Women’s Bodies, by Margo Maine, PH.D
- Brave Girl Eating, by Hearriet Brown
- Breaking Free from Emotional Eating, by Geneen Roth
- Breaking the Bonds of Food Addiction, by Susan McQuillan, M.S., R.D.
- Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery, by Hall and Cohn
- Dieting Gone Awry: How to Help Cients with E.D. and Disordered Eating (DVD), by Nancy Clark
- Do I Look Fat in This?, by Jessica Weiner
- Eating in the Light of the Moon , by Anita Johnston, PhD
- Embracing Our Selves, by H. Stone, PH.D & S. Stone, PH.D
- Emotional Balance: the Path to Inner Peace and Harmony, by Dr. Roy Martina
- Father Hunger: Fathers, Daughters, & Food, by Margo Maine, PH.D
- The Food and Feeling WorkBook , by Karen R. Koenig, LCSW, M.Ed
- Goodbye Ed, Hello Me, by Jenni Schaefer
- Gaining: the truth about life after eating disorders, by Aimee Liu
- Healing the Child Within, by Charles L. Whitfield, MD
- Health Food Junkies: Orthorexia Nervosa, by Steven Bratman, M.D.
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder, by James Lock, MD, PhD
- Here’s the Deal Don’t Touch Me, by Howie Mandel
- Hidden Hunger, by Maxine Davies
- Hunger Pains: From Fad Diets to Eating Disorders, by Mary Pipher, PH.D
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works, by Evelyn Tribole, M.S., R.D. and Elyse Resch, M.S., R.D., F.A.D.A., C.E.D.R.D.
- Life Inside the “Thin” Cage, by Constance Rhodes
- Life Without Ed, by Jenni Schaefer with Thom Rutledge
- Little Book of Positive Quotations, The, by Compiled by: Deger & Gibson
- Living With Your Body & Other Things You Hate, by Emily Sandez, PhD
- Lost and Found: A Memoir, by Karen Flyer
- Made for Paradise, by Dr. Patricia Hart Terry
- Making Peace with Your Thighs , by Dr. Linda Mintle
- Meditation Secrets for Women , by Maurine & Roche, PH.D
- Miss Representation (DVD), by Jennifer Siebel Newsom
- Normal Eating for Normal Weight , by Sheryl Canter, M.A.
- On the Other Side (CD), by Logan Gillen
- Parent’s Guide to Eating Disorders, The, by Herrin, EdD, MPH, RD, & Matsumoto
- Path to Tranquility, The, by Dalai Lama
- Perfect Illusions: Eating Disorders and the Family (DVD), by Narrated by Lauren Hutton
- Power of Now, The (Audio Book), by Eckhart Tolle
- Recovering Your Mental Health: a self-help guide, by U.S. Dpt of Health & Human Services
- Secret Language of Eating Disorders, The, by Peggy Claude-Pierre
- Shattered Image: My Triumph Over Body Dysmorphic Disorder, by Brian Cuban
- Surviving an Eating Disorder , by Michele Siegel, PhD, Judith Brisman, PhD & Margot Weinshel, MSW
- Talking to Eating Disorders, by Jeanne A. Heaton, Ph.D. & Caludia J. Strauss
- Treatment of Eating Disorders: Bridging the Research-Practice Gap, by Margo Maine, Beth Hartman McGilley & Douglas W. Bunnell
- Treatment of Eating Disorders, The, by Carlos M. Grilo & James E. Mitchell
- Woman’s Book of Confidence: Guided Journal, The, by Sue Patton Thoele
- What’s Eating You?, by Tammy Nelson, MS
- When Dieting Becomes Dangerous, by Michel, PH.D & Willard, LCSW
- When Food is Love, by Geneen Roth
- When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough, by Martin M. Antony, PhD & Richard P. Swinson, MD
- When Your Child Has and Eating Disorder, by Abigail H. Natenshon
- Women, Food, and God, by Geneen Roth
- 100 Questions & Answers About Eating Disorders, by Carolyn Costin, LMFT, MA, Med